Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tri Park festival and local artists!





This weekend, I had a table at the first annual Tri Park festival in Lake Montebello! In addition to helping these talented young women make jewelry, I met and re-met other local jewelers, who gave me some great ideas and feedback about creating a jewelry cooperative.

Gloria is one of the artists- she makes jewelry out of recycled materials and paintings out of old makeup. You can visit her website here , and can find some of her products at the American Visionary Art Museum in Federal Hill.

Another artist I met is Jimi, who you can find every Sunday at the downtown farmers market here in Baltimore. He makes great jewelry using silver spoons and forks, among other things. Look for him next Sunday at the market!

I am looking for jewelers who might be interested in being a part of a jewelry cooperative studio and skill share venue- so send me a message if that is something that you are interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment